Welcome to Connections!
Pleasantdale School District 107 Gifted Program
Download the brochure.
The mission of the District 107 Gifted Program is to assure the continuous academic, social and emotional growth of students Pre-K through 8 who possess distinct talents and gifts by providing curriculum differentiation in and out of the classroom.
- Math Olympiad is a program for elementary students up to and including grade 5.
- Geography Bee is an annual competition that involves students from grades 5-8. Classroom competitions lead to grade level champions.
- Math Competitions include interscholastic mathematics competitions involving the top middle school math students.
- Camp Invention is a national program from the Inventors Hall of Fame and the US Patent Office held for 1 week each summer for all interested students entering grades 2-6.
- Extracurricular clubs and activities are available throughout the school year.
- West 40 Speech and Drama Competition is a regional competition for students in grades 6-8 who exhibit special talents to compete in a variety of speech and drama events.
- Midwest Talent Search provides educational opportunities for highly able students through Northwestern University and the West Suburban Consortium for Academic Excellence.
- Scholastic Bowl is an academic quiz bowl for students in grades 6-8 who compete interscholastically. The program is open to all interested students.
- Staffing - The district currently employs two fulltime teachers of the gifted, one for elementary school and one for middle school. See the Connections pages on the school website for additional resources