Welcome to ArT
at Pleasantdale Elementary School
with MrS. VeRvaCk
Students of art will engage in art production, as well as a study of art heritage, art criticism and aesthetics. They will develop perceptual awareness, creativity, self-expression, aesthetic literacy, problem solving and critical thinking skills. Through the study of art, students will have enhanced self-esteem, self awareness, and an understanding of past and present world cultures.
· explore a variety of media and methods
· practice and improve technical skills
· communicate with other people through visual images
· have confidence in their abilities as artists
· participate in critiques and develop confident aesthetic judgments
· experiment with divergent and original thinking and solutions to problems
· make connections between art and their everyday lives, other disciplines and other times and cultures
A Note from your art teacher...
Curriculum Night Welcome Letter
If a student has trouble following the Eagle Way in Art Class, he or she will receive a warning, a reminder, and then a flight plan. If the incident is serious, or if a pattern develops, I will contact you as well. Please feel free to contact me at any time with your questions or concerns. Below, you will find a copy of the Eagle Way in the art classroom. I look forward to a productive and inspiring year with the students. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
The Eagle Way in Art Class
Of People, Artwork & Supplies
Start and End of Class – Quiet and Ready
Best Effort when Working
Clean Up as a Team
Use Supplies Safely
Walk in the Art Room
Cool Art Websites: