Welcome to the 3rd Grade!
Mrs. Borse's Page
Mrs. Camer's Page
Mrs. Griffin's Page
Miss Macek's Page
IXL Math Website
Math - Place Value Websites
Tumble Book Library
Context Clues Practice Website
Science - Animal Project Research Websites
(username = psd107 and password = psd107)
* click on elementary school and then search the animals name
Science & Social Studies Facts Website
(username= pleasantdalees and password= learn)
Holiday Games Website
Museum of Science and Industry
Be sure to check out The Idea Factory exhibit, which connects to our simple machine unit and The Farm Tech exhibit, which connects to our Illinois unit!
Illinois - Abraham Lincoln Website
Language Arts Websites
(username = pleasantdale and password = pleasantdale)
Science and Math Textbook Login Link
How to Print the Math Workbook
These are the directions on how to print the math workbook page at home, just in case your child ever forgets to bring their workbook home!
· Click – Mathematics Open Book
· Click – Click here to open your book
· Click – The appropriate topic
· Click – The appropriate lesson
· Click – The yellow box with a piece of paper in the middle
· The workbook page will open in a new window and can be printed.
The page number on the workbook page that opens on your computer will not be the same as the page number in the actual workbook. Good luck!
Spelling Practice Website
Typing Practice Website
Simple Machines Practice Website
Continents and Oceans Practice Website
* Don't forget about the Southern Ocean *
Math Facts Practice Tips
Below are different ways to practice math facts. Remember to study your facts every night for 15 minutes. Have fun!
1. Worksheets – The five minute check worksheets can be found on the Second Grade page. Please feel free to print these out.
2. Playing Cards
· Flip two playing cards
· Add, subtract, or multiply the cards together
· Example: 7 + K (11) = 18
o J = 0
o Q = 10
o K = 11
o A = 12
· Roll four dice
· Add two dice together and then add the other two dice together
· Add the totals
· Example: 2 + 1 = 3
4 + 5 = 9
3 + 9 = 12
6. Oral Review