Welcome to the Second Grade!
The second grade team looks forward to working with you to help your child have a successful year. Please see below for information related to second grade expectations.
- Homework Folder/Take-Home Folder: Each child uses a folder for homework and other home-school communication. Please check the folder every day.
- Weekly Homework Sheet: Students and parents should check this every day at home. Assignments and other daily information are written as needed.
- Homework Completion: Students should be capable of doing assigned homework independently. Parents are asked to check it over.
- In second grade, students learn to be responsible for their own materials both in school and going to/from school. Please help your child develop a system at home such as placing his/her prepared backpack in the same place each night before going to sleep.
- School supplies may need to be replenished during the year. It is helpful if items can be labeled with your child’s name.
- Classroom rules have been developed with students to go along with our school-wide expectations to be respectful, responsible, and safe.
- Student work will be sent home in a Friday Folder each week. Please take some time to go over your child’s work when it is sent home, and contact your child’s teacher with any concerns.
Mrs. Berwick's Page
Mr. Brade's Page
Ms. Halusek's Page
Mrs. Sheridan's Page
The fire safety site.
The math sheets are back!
Check out our Big Ideas!!
2nd grade Links:
Typing Website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/typing/